|Slow-cooked pork ribs, broccoli, carrots and onions with garlic|
We started out with me getting the ribs and roast in the oven to slow cook while Matt cut up the long list of veggies. About halfway through, I had to nurse and fix lunch for the other munchkins. When I was done, I cooked up all of the vegetables with the steam-sautee method. Then I got two burners going and grilled all of the chicken-- this was the most time consuming part.
Things I will do different next time-
- We will both work at veggie prep on Saturday and have them ready to cook on Sunday.
- I will get two burners going with the veggies to make this process even faster.
- Peas. I forgot them this week.
- More carrots and cabbage.
- I will pound the chicken thighs flat to cut the cooking time and probably add white pepper to the seasoning.
It was tiring, and a pretty big job, but dinner took less than 20 minutes to make last night. This is going to help keep us away from take-out and reduce stress during the week. I am totally on board for next week.